Crime Doesn't Pay in the USA!
WANTED: CRIMEBUSTERS Candidates should have an inquisitive mind, an adventurous spirit and an uncanny knack for interpreting clues.
The security of America is at stake.
The international community breathed a sigh of relief when Carmen's last heist landed her behind bars. Now Carmen has escaped and is intent on furthering her dastardly career in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Which treasure will be the first to go? Maybe the Washington Monument or the Liberty Bell - cracked though it may be. Absolutely nothing is sacred to the vile but glamorous Sandiego and her gang as they attempt to steal from under our noses the very treasures that make America so American!
It's a dirty job, but somebodys got to do it.
Your assignment at the Acme Detective Agency is a simple one: Stop these criminals in their tracks! At the scene of the crime, you'll gather all the facts. Then, while the trail is hot, you're off on a chase across all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Does the crook have an interest in shipwrecks off Cape Hatteras and you've never heard of the place? Don't worry. A quick check in your trusty Fodor's (R) USA travel guide will tell you Cape Hatteras is in North Carolina. And while you're thumbing through Fodor's, you'll pick up geographic and historical facts as well as impressive trivia tidbits.
You know something they don't know.
Carmen's secret scrapbook, containing clues about the gang's appearance, hobbies and more, has been acquired by Acme. Match the clues you've collected with the suspected criminal's description and use the Crime Computer to obtain the proper arrest warrant.
Who's the villain this time? If he was seen eating tacos he might be the hypnotic Sven Galli who has a craving for Mexican food. Or maybe the suspect was overheard asking for a book on spelunking. That could be a tip-off to B.B.D. O'Brien, amateur cave crawler.
Your special skills are needed and there's no time to lose. So get ready for instant action as you set out to prove that crime doesn't pay in the USA!
Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? (R) By Ken Bull, Gene Portwood, Lauren Elliott
* Exciting sequel to "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"
* Crimebusters become familiar with U.S. geography in an exciting game situation.
* Menu-driven; no tiresome typing.
* Game combines best elements of graphic adventures, trivia games, mysteries and arcade animation.
* Crimebusters research clue information in Fodor's USA travel guide which provides maps of each state as well as specific state-by-state descriptions and more.
* Total of 16 suspects, 50 states plus District of Columbia, more than 1,500 clues, 10 detective ranks to climb, thousands of random games, and save-game feature.