Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyssreleased in 1992 by Looking Glass published by Origin Systems
DOSBox 3.5'' Floppy [US] version last published 5 years, 9 months agomount floppy in /media/floppy
DOSBox GOG version last published 1 year, 6 months ago- Tested with GOG installer version: setup_ultima_underworld_1.0_cs_(28190).exe
- Fixed music not playing
- Keyboard layout image included in the game's folder.
As in times past, you are called to the land of Britannia by a shimmering Moongate. Stepping through the gate, you arrive to witness the abduction of the baron’s young daughter from her bedroom. Before you can intercede, both daughter and abductor vanish as guards burst into the room. Judgment is passed on your apparent guilt, and you are thrown into the Stygian Abyss, the most dreaded dungeon in all of Britannia.
Locked into a world of darkness, you must find a way to survive. With luck and courage you will learn to thrive in this perilous underworld. But survival is just the beginning of your adventure, for in these labyrinthine pits your destiny awaits.
* The 3D setting is the infamouse Stygian Abyss, a vast and richly detailed under world labyrinth excavated around a volcanic core, with twisting corridors, soaring chambers, gaping chasms, bubbling lava pools and much more.
* The graphics are detailed, imaginative and fully functional with boulders that roll down slopes, arrows that arc in flight, flasks of oil that smash against walls and burst into flames. Every object behaves as you would expect it to.
* The plot is rich with intrigue, dark secrets, twisted storylines and memorable characters.
- Genre: Action, Dungeon crawl, RPG
- Platform: MS-DOS, Windows
- Website: www.uo.com/archive/uw1/index.html
86 users have this game