(Following the closure of the official servers in 2011, two fan projects of server emulation sprung: SWGEmu, restoring the game as it was before the controversial 2005 gameplay changes, and Project SWG, emulating the last state of the game and going from there. Given the game's subtitle, this situation isn't too surprising ;)
Immerse yourself in Star Wars like never before in Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. Join the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, or seek out the ancient mysteries of the Jedi. Explore Tatooine, Endor, and other famous Star Wars locales and battle stormstroopers, fierce Tusken Raiders, and all manner of scum and villainy. Choose your own path, and define your role as you prepare to take your rightful place in the Star Wars universe. You're only limited by your imagination.
* Live the Star Wars saga, in real time, with thousands of other people online.
* Cross paths and interact with famous Star Wars characters, including Luke Skylwaker, Darth Vader, Han Solo and many, many more.
* Choose from eight completly customizable species: Humans, Wookiees, Trandoshans, Twi'leks, Bothans, Zabraks, Rodians and Mon Calamri.
* Square off against other players on the vast battlefields of a crumbling empire.
* Explore ten massive worlds, from Corellia to Naboo. Each environment is meticulosuly recreated through an entirely new 3D engine designed to portray the Star Wars galaxy in the greatest possible detail.
* Follow your own path with a skill-based advancement system, which accomodates your style of play, whether you become a bounty hunter or a dancer or merchant or even a Jedi.
* Build everything - your own weapons and droids to houses, factories and shops - and live in a world entirely of your own creation.