Raiden III Digital Edition is a revival of the classic Raiden series of scrolling shooter games. Raiden III has new concepts are introduced, which includes a "new 3D scrolling system" that involves the camera pointing down normal to the player while the scenery moves in three dimensions: climbing, descending, and sometimes moving vertically. The blue Laser concept is more like a beam, instead of the ones seen in prior instalments.
* Gameplay - Two player co-op mode is enhanced by an exclusive new attack skill: a beam that is usable whenever one player lines up in front of the other. In Double play mode, both players share the lives and bomb stocks, and without continues.
* Various Modes - Score Attack, Boss Rush, Replay & Gallery, Option and 3 play modes (solo, dual and double).
* 7 Unique Levels - The first three levels on Earth and the last four in space. Level design is based on previous Raiden games: the first three levels are particularly close to previous games, with the first based on the original Raiden; the bosses are also similar to those in the corresponding levels of Raiden II and Raiden DX.
* Adjustable Display Modes - Window mode, full screen mode, adjustable zoom ratios (x0.5, x1.0, x1.5, x2.0).
* Bonus Contents - 2 CD's worth of OST included with a total of 36 music!