# Path of Building
Welcome to Path of Building, an offline build planner for Path of Exile!
* Comprehensive offence + defence calculations:
* Calculate your skill DPS, damage over time, life/mana/ES totals and much more!
* Can factor in auras, buffs, charges, curses, monster resistances and more, to estimate your effective DPS
* Also calculates life/mana reservations
* Shows a summary of character stats in the side bar, as well as a detailed calculations breakdown tab which can show you how the stats were derived
* Supports all skills and support gems, and most passives and item modifiers
* Throughout the program, supported modifiers will show in blue and unsupported ones in red
* Full support for minions
* Passive skill tree planner:
* Support for jewels including most radius/conversion jewels
* Features alternate path tracing (mouse over a sequence of nodes while holding shift, then click to allocate them all)
* Fully intergrated with the offence/defence calculations; see exactly how each node will affect your character!
* Can import PathOfExile.com and PoEPlanner.com passive tree links; links shortened with PoEURL.com also work
* Skill planner:
* Add any number of main or supporting skills to your build
* Supporting skills (auras, curses, buffs) can be toggled on and off
* Automatically applies Socketed Gem modifiers from the item a skill is socketed into
* Automatically applies support gems granted by items
* Item planner:
* Add items from in game by copying and pasting them straight into the program!
* Automatically adds quality to non-corrupted items
* Fully intergrated with the offence/defence calculations; see exactly how much of an upgrade a given item is!
* Contains a searchable database of all uniques that are currently in game (and some that aren't yet!)
* You can choose the modifier rolls when you add a unique to your build
* Includes all league-specific items and legacy variants
* Features an item crafting system:
* You can select from any of the game's base item types
* You can select prefix/suffix modifiers from lists
* Custom modifiers can be added, with Master and Essence modifiers available
* Also contains a database of rare item templates:
* Allows you to create rare items for your build to approximate the gear you will be using
* Choose which modifiers appear on each item, and the rolls for each modifier, to suit your needs
* Has templates that should cover the majority of builds (inb4 'why is there no coral amulet?')
* Other features:
* You can import passive tree, items, and skills from existing characters
* Share builds with other users by generating a share code
* Automatic updating; most updates will only take a couple of seconds to apply
* Somewhat more open source than usual (look in %ProgramData%\Path of Building if you're interested)